Notice: Recent scam using ALTIA CENTRAL name
Last Updated January 28, 2023
It has come to our attention that recently there has been a report of scammers on Facebook and other social media platforms who have presented themselves as a recruiting agency that guarantees ALT positions with ALTIA CENTRAL and other ALT companies. These scams claim to guarantee jobs, Japanese language courses, TESOL training and more, while requiring payment to do so.
In order to help you more easily identify these scams, please be aware of the following points at ALTIA CENTRAL:
- We DO NOT advertise on Facebook and we DO NOT have an active Facebook account
- We NEVER message individuals directly asking for their resume
- We DO NOT recruit ALTs through a third party recruiting company. Our interview process is solely through our company
- We NEVER guarantee positions before completing the entire interview process ourselves
- Unfortunately, due to the direct hire ban by the Philippine government, we are currently UNABLE to hire applicants directly from the Philippines, and we are NOT partnered with any agencies in the Philippines
- We NEVER require or ask for any type of payment at any point during the hiring process or charge you for training
- We ONLY list salary in Japanese Yen
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I SEE OR GET A SUSPICIOUS EMAIL, CALL, OR MESSAGE, ON OR FROM FACEBOOK?
Report the Facebook group, post, or message to Facebook directly as a FALSE INFORMATION or UNAUTHORIZED SALES to have this group, post, or message hopefully deleted and taken down.